High Deflection Vibration Isolation Mounts - Super VHC
Hutchinsons' Super VHC mount series is an enhanced version of the popular VHC mount that is specifically designed for the demanding MIL-S-901D shipboard shock environment.
Hutchinsons' Super VHC mount series is an enhanced version of the popular VHC mount that is specifically designed for the demanding MIL-S-901D shipboard shock environment. The Super VHC is capable of attenuating the most severe MIL-S-901D shock to below 10 G at the rated load per mount (see Characteristics for loads).
This high-deflection, high-performance mount series is capable of deflecting over 95 mm in all directions which translates directly into more potential shock attenuation.
These mount(s) can be installed to carry loads in compression (deck mounting) or in shear (bulkhead mounting) when used as stabilizers or in bulkhead only configurations.
|[Natural Frequency]||7-8 Hertz|
|[Transmissibility at Resonance]||5 Max (Barry LT Compound)
10.0 Max (Neoprene)
|[Resilient Element]||Barry LT Compound or Neoprene|
|[Standard Materials]||Neoprene, Steel structural elements|
- 5 Load Ratings to 500 lbs. per mount
- Barry LT (low-temperature) Compound, which is ideal for military applications, operates between -67ºF and +180ºF (-55ºC to +82ºC) and is resistant to fungus and ozone.
- Neoprene has an operating temperature range of -20°F to +180°F (-30°C to +82°C) and resists oil and ozone.
- Ground Vehicle Electronics
- Shipboard Equipment
- Shipping Containers
- Equipment installed in Transportable Shelters
Benefits & Features
- Can be used as stabilizers for tall equipment packages
- Higher-Deflection potential than standard VHC for greater shock attenuation and payload protection.
- Shock attenuation, Vibration isolation and Structure borne noise attenuation in one mount.
- Installation geometry is common to the series as well as existing mounting systems currently in use in the industry allowing for easy upgrades when payload mass changes.
- Buckling design
- Steel construction
- Designed to carry static loads in the axial direction, but can accommodate dynamic inputs in the radial direction
- Designed for base mounting and bulkhead mounting as stabilizer but can be used for bulkhead only installations. (See Barry Controls Engineering for bulkhead only mounting configurations.)
Special Options Available
- Metal Paint/Finish
- RoHS Compliance