High Deflection Vibration Isolation Mounts - 2K Series
Two stage shock mount and vibration isolator for severe dynamic environments such as shipboard and ground vehicles.
Two stage shock mount and vibration isolator for severe dynamic environments such as shipboard and ground vehicles. Barry 2K-Series mounts offer the advantage of superior vibration and shock protection for a wide range of loads in a single compact unit. These isolators are ideal for isolating naval sonar equipment, ship board electronics and communications.
|[Natural Frequency]||6-8 Hertz vertical
25 Hertz vertical
|[Transmissibility at Resonance]||2.5 Max.
|[Resilient Element]||Friction damped spring Neoprene or Nitrile elastomer|
|[Standard Materials]||Varies with model Standard
|[Weight]||See dimensional drawings|
- 2K1 Series = 4 load ratings from 1 - 10 lbs. per mount
- 2K2 Series = 8 load ratings from 4 - 90 lbs. per Mount
- 2KS Series for loads from 250 - 6,000 lbs.
- 2K1 and 2K2 isolators are for use with lightweight MIL-S-901 applications.
- 2KS systems are for use with medium weight MIL-S-901 applications.
- Isolators and systems met MIL-STD-16400 inclination, temperature, humidity and salt spray specifications, MIL-STD-167 vibration tests and MIL-M-17185 environmental and oil immersion tests.
- Operating temperature range is -20°F to +180°F (-30°C to +82°C).
- Isolators are unaffected by humidity, sand, dust and fungus.
- Naval Sonar Equipment
- Shipboard Electronics
- Radar Installations
- Computer & Video Displays
Benefits & Features
- Elastomeric shock attenuating elements have as much as 1 inch of available deflection (1.5 inches for 2KS)
- Limit shock transmissions to 20g's when subjected to a five foot hammer blow per MIL-S-901
- Many custom versions are available. Consult factory for more information
- Combines shock and vibration isolation
in a single isolator
- Protects from vibratory inputs as low as 10 Hz
- Designed for base mounting only
- Wide load range for most applications
Special Options Available
- Metal Paint/Finish
- RoHS Compliance